Chairman's Page

Photo of Samantha Miller

Chair Page April 2017

Hello members,

 

Can you believe it is April already?... The dinner dance has been and gone, thank you to all of those who came, I hope you all enjoyed your evening, what a way to kick start the 50th year. Well done to Kelly for organising such a fantastic evening, with the support of Liz and Ruth, it’s a shame there were so many that could not attend, we hope you can join us for other events that we will be having like Easter and the Major’s.

Thank you to those who took part in the bumper sticker competition held on the evening of the dinner dance. Well done to Jonathan Jones (and Zoe) who put in a great design and won, you will see this in the near future.

We hope you enjoy you’re the tour of 50 years of Range Rover.

 

Unfortunately the first CCVT of the year was cancelled due to lack of drivers, thank you to Adrian Greggory for his efforts, the next one will be at Eastnor at Easter this month, fingers crossed we will get a good turnout for this. The RTV at Avon Dasset was successful with the support of CCROC holding a TYRO on the same day, thank you to Alex Garton, Tracy Allen, Gareth and Rachel Roberts for laying out. The next RTV will be Easter at Eastnor. Easter is approaching fast, we have a full weekend packed full of fun for all to enjoy. Classic Catering will be on site Friday – Tuesday serving their yummy food and drink. Don’t forget prize giving will be held in the bowling club on the Saturday evening, everyone is welcome the more the merrier. Those who have won a trophy, please could you let me know if you can / cannot attend to collect your trophy, I hope you will all be able to make it?... Please contact Dave to book your pitch for camping, pre booking for the trials will go live soon if it has not done so already. See the advert for more details or get in touch.

 

The ALRC held their AGM at the British Motor Museum on the 18th March, it would be nice if we could get some support from the members at these meetings to get your input, the minutes will be distributed when they come through for you all to read as there will be some rule changes to read about, not forgetting the new Green Book which has arrived, please get a copy of this at any event, they will also be on site at Eastnor, Easter weekend. Whilst we are on the matter of changes, moving forward, the Midland Rover Owner’s Club will be supporting young / unlicensed drivers at events subject to them starting from TYRO and working their way through, they will need to provide documents stating they have competed in TYRO and RTV, at least 4 events of each to compete in CCVT to show they are competent to take part. We look forward to seeing the trials grow.

The National Rally booking is still open, all competition entries must be received by 30th April and all camping only entries must be received by the 10th May. Please use the ALRC website to download the booking form and to get up to date information.

 

Wanted - Clerk of Course(s) to head up the Majors in September.

This doesn’t mean you will be alone in running the event, you will be the main point of contact for the sections of the trial, laying them out etc. It is hard work, Hamish Grundy and Ben Tandy were last year’s CoC’s if you would like to know what the position entails, I am sure they would be happy to help answer any questions you may have regarding this, along with many more members that have done it over previous years. You can contact us on Facebook, via email or phone.

It’s not just CoC’s we look for as there are many areas within the Majors to make the weekend happen, ie. Marshals, Signing On, Camping, Set Up the site, Tea Making, Scrutineering, Rally Control, Scoring, organising the lunches, the list goes on, if you are interested in taking part let the committee know but we need someone to set out the trials to make the weekend happen.

 

There is always something happening; please check out the calendar for future events, there is something every month for the family to enjoy. Please get in touch if you want to help out with anything or you have an idea for a social etc. It is that time of year where there is a lot going on within the ALRC, any support it great appreciated, I know we and other clubs would not say no if you would like to help with anything.

Baden Hall, Baskerville Challenge, The Mendip Challenge (don’t forget this is in July this year). C&D’s Charity Event, Welland, the Summer Holiday Rally and many more.

We hope to see you out and about.

Until next month… Stay happy!

Samantha

Chair Page March 2017

Hello from Spain,

 

So, my report on what has been going on this month will be fairly short as I have not been able to attend many events due to being away with work. A few photo’s below.

 

We lead our first green lane adventure in the Warwickshire area, I was sad to miss this, it sounds like everyone had a great time, and good turn out along with some great photos of the day. Thank you to Dave Ball and Chris Smith for leading the 2 convoys, look forward to the next one… need to get planning and get a day put in the diary.

We also supported Cheltenham and Cotswold LRC by competing in the RTV at Aggs Hill, if anyone has any photos from the day please feel free to share them. Our next RTV trial will be at Avon Dassett, 19th March at the same time we will have the first CCVT of the year at Newmans Quarry, also happening on the 19th March, and this is an open event.

As I am writing this the dinner dance to celebrate 50 years will not yet happened.

We also have Easter at Eastnor in April which is approaching fast. Classic Catering have been booked, land has been confirmed thanks to Richard Smith for sorting this. We will be holding the prize giving in the bowling club on the Saturday evening however, we are still waiting for a few trophies from Hamish Grundy, Colin Dowdall and Amanda Barber. Please can you get in touch as we need to arrange collecting these from you to get them engraved in March, ready for the event which brings me onto say well done to the following people for winning a trophy, Ian Walker, Buster Grant, Paul Muir, Liz Guilding, Gareth Roberts, Will Guilding, Simon Wise, Hamish Grundy, Richard Rowley, Sam Hart, Kelly Cole, and Steve Cole. Also, for recognition of service on the MROC committee, Rachel Fasham and Richard Parry will also receive an award.

Please could you let me know if you can / cannot attend to collect your trophy, I hope you will all be able to make it?...

 

We are STILL looking for Clerk of Course(s) to head up the Majors in September.

This doesn’t mean you will be alone in running the event, you will be the main point of contact for the sections of the trial, laying them out etc. It is hard work, Hamish Grundy and Ben Tandy were last year’s CoC’s if you would like to know what the position entails, I am sure they would be happy to help answer any questions you may have regarding this, along with many more members that have done it over previous years. You can contact us on Facebook, via email or phone.

It’s not just CoC’s we look for as there are many areas within the Majors to make the weekend happen, ie. Marshals, Signing On, Camping, Set Up the site, Tea Making, Scrutineering, Rally Control, Scoring, organising the lunches, the list goes on, if you are interested in taking part let the committee know but we need someone to set out the trials to make the weekend happen.

 

There is always something happening; please check out the calendar for future events, there is something every month for the family to enjoy. Please get in touch if you want to help out with anything or you have an idea for a social etc.

Until next month… Stay happy!

Samantha

Chair Page February 2017

Hello members,

 

            So, we have started the year off with our first RTV trial of the year at Buildwas back on the 15th, Thank you to Tim Kemp and Colin Andrews for laying this event out and to Alex Griffiths for helping on the Sunday. We were close to cancelling this event as we had no one to lay out except for Tim, so thank you to Colin and Alex for coming forward at the last minute to help save the day.

We have help support the Clee Hill car trials on the 22nd by volunteering our off road vehicles to support the recovery, thank you to everyone who came forward for this. I would add your names but there are quite a few, you know who you all are. Hopefully we will get support this event moving forward for many more years. I hope you all had a good day. There was a green laning trip on the 29th which has not happened yet so more on that in March’s issue.

 

Booking has now closed for the 50th Celebration Dinner Dance which is taking place on the 4th March. You shall receive your tickets some time during this month. We are looking forward to celebrating this milestone with you all. I for one cannot wait and am looking forward to the 4th March.

There have been a few updates to the calendar over the last month starting with February as we have cancelled the RTV at Newman’s Quarry so we can support CCROC with their trail at Aggs Hill on the 19th, the date is the same. Birdlip has now been confirmed for 1st October but unfortunately Coney Green had already been booked for the 29th so we are now waiting for confirmation for the 22nd. Please keep your eye on the calendar in the journal and on the website as updates will happen.

 

I have started to receive trophies back from last year’s winners. Please can you hand these to a member of committee before the end of February as we will be getting them engraved in March ready for Easter in April which is now being planned, most of the land has been confirmed thanks to Richard Smith for sorting this. We will be holding the prize giving in the bowling club. See advert for details. Let’s make the most of every event we do, hope to see you there.

Due to work, I will be out of the country all of February so those who need to get hold of me please email or PM me on Facebook me to avoid any roaming charges as I will be picking up Wi-Fi in the hotels so I will be able to respond as and when I can.

 

We are still looking for Clerk of Course(s) to head up the Majors in September.

This doesn’t mean you will be alone in running the event, you will be the main point of contact for the sections of the trial, laying them out etc. It is hard work, Hamish Grundy and Ben Tandy were last year’s CoC’s if you would like to know what the position entails, I am sure they would be happy to help answer any questions you may have regarding this, along with many more members that have done it over previous years. You can contact us on Facebook, via email or phone.

It’s not just CoC’s we look for as there are many areas within the Majors to make the weekend happen, ie. Marshals, Signing On, Camping, Set Up the site, Tea Making, Scrutineering, Rally Control, Scoring, organising the lunches, the list goes on, if you are interested in taking part let the committee know but we need someone to set out the trials to make the weekend happen.

 

There is always something happening; please check out the calendar for future events, there is something every month for the family to enjoy. Please get in touch if you want to help out with anything or you have an idea for a social etc.

Until next month… Stay happy!

Samantha

Chair Page January 2017

Hello members,

 

            So, we have started the year off with our first RTV trial of the year at Buildwas back on the 15th, Thank you to Tim Kemp and Colin Andrews for laying this event out and to Alex Griffiths for helping on the Sunday. We were close to cancelling this event as we had no one to lay out except for Tim, so thank you to Colin and Alex for coming forward at the last minute to help save the day.

We have help support the Clee Hill car trials on the 22nd by volunteering our off road vehicles to support the recovery, thank you to everyone who came forward for this. I would add your names but there are quite a few, you know who you all are. Hopefully we will get support this event moving forward for many more years. I hope you all had a good day. There was a green laning trip on the 29th which has not happened yet so more on that in March’s issue.

 

Booking has now closed for the 50th Celebration Dinner Dance which is taking place on the 4th March. You shall receive your tickets some time during this month. We are looking forward to celebrating this milestone with you all. I for one cannot wait and am looking forward to the 4th March.

There have been a few updates to the calendar over the last month starting with February as we have cancelled the RTV at Newman’s Quarry so we can support CCROC with their trail at Aggs Hill on the 19th, the date is the same. Birdlip has now been confirmed for 1st October but unfortunately Coney Green had already been booked for the 29th so we are now waiting for confirmation for the 22nd. Please keep your eye on the calendar in the journal and on the website as updates will happen.

 

I have started to receive trophies back from last year’s winners. Please can you hand these to a member of committee before the end of February as we will be getting them engraved in March ready for Easter in April which is now being planned, most of the land has been confirmed thanks to Richard Smith for sorting this. We will be holding the prize giving in the bowling club. See advert for details. Let’s make the most of every event we do, hope to see you there.

Due to work, I will be out of the country all of February so those who need to get hold of me please email or PM me on Facebook me to avoid any roaming charges as I will be picking up Wi-Fi in the hotels so I will be able to respond as and when I can.

 

We are still looking for Clerk of Course(s) to head up the Majors in September.

This doesn’t mean you will be alone in running the event, you will be the main point of contact for the sections of the trial, laying them out etc. It is hard work, Hamish Grundy and Ben Tandy were last year’s CoC’s if you would like to know what the position entails, I am sure they would be happy to help answer any questions you may have regarding this, along with many more members that have done it over previous years. You can contact us on Facebook, via email or phone.

It’s not just CoC’s we look for as there are many areas within the Majors to make the weekend happen, ie. Marshals, Signing On, Camping, Set Up the site, Tea Making, Scrutineering, Rally Control, Scoring, organising the lunches, the list goes on, if you are interested in taking part let the committee know but we need someone to set out the trials to make the weekend happen.

 

There is always something happening; please check out the calendar for future events, there is something every month for the family to enjoy. Please get in touch if you want to help out with anything or you have an idea for a social etc.

Until next month… Stay happy!

Samantha

Chair Page December 2016

Hello Members,

Here we are again for another year, thank you for those who were able to come and support the AGM on the 9th November, next year’s AGM has already been added to the diary for the 8th November 2017. I would just like to take this time to welcome our newest members of the committee, Tracy Allen who has taken on the role of Press and Publicity and Liz Guilding who will be organising the Club Merchandise. Secretary / Vice Chair / Trials Coordinator / Green Lane Organiser, remain vacant. We really need to fill the secretary role and also the trials role. The minutes from the AGM will be available on the website soon and will also be sent out with your next journal.

The ALRC EGM meeting took place, again there were certain discussions regarding the ‘Q’ class within trials events which is being trialled for the next 2 years, please read the minutes from the meeting (when they are available) for more information on this and to find out what’s happening across the ALRC, better still, why not attend the next one (see the calendar events for the date).

We have also had the Calendar of Events meeting for 2017, again thanks for those who were able to come and share their input on what we deliver as a club next year. Please find a copy of the calendar in this month’s journal, a downloadable version will be available on the website along with the live Google calendar,  events for Jan & Feb have been confirmed however please take note that some events are still ‘to be confirmed’, these should be done by January’s journal but the dates should stay as shown. The Calendar of Events – 2018 has been set for 26th September so we are able to get this out giving people more notice for the following year. I mentioned the Clee Hill Car Trial last month, this is taking place on 22nd Jan, I am looking for someone to organise the volunteers like I did last year as due to work I won’t be able to, please contact me if you are interested in this event. We are hoping to do some green laning trips in 2017 so please look out for more information on this in the journal, website and Facebook, starting with the first one on 29th January, more information on where we are going and where to meet will be in the next month’s issue and also everywhere else.

All of these events are on the calendar; please take a look at what we have planned, if you would like to lay out a certain event for the trials or help organise a recovery event, green laning, social etc, please speak to a member of the committee via phone, email or at an event.

You will also find the booking form for the 2017 ALRC National Rally in the journal and on the website; this is open until 30th April ’17.

Looking now to what we have in the final month of the year, Dave has organised the Christmas meal and rally weekend around the trials to get people together at the Cross Hands Camp site in Morton in Marsh. Newman’s Quarry is booked for Sunday 4th December, the traditional ‘dress your motor’ up will be appreciated again. Some fantastic efforts last year, we will have a small prize for the winning vehicle/person. Kelly has organised the Christmas Party, there will be a buffet and games for the children, please come and join us for a festive drink at the Washford Mill on the 9th December. Please let her know if you will be bringing any children

Plans for the 50th Dinner Dance are in place; contact Kelly for details on this and to book your tickets. You may have seen more information about this in various places. Do try and book as early as you can, especially if you are wanting to stop in the hotel as there are limited rooms reserved! More information will follow. Check out the advert in the journal and on the website. We would love as many people there as possible celebrating this special occasion. Please come and share your memories with everyone, I especially would love to hear some older stories from the early days.

. If you are planning to come to any events towards the end of the year I need to round up the annual trophies from those who received them last March to get them ready for Prize Giving in April, I will be looking to receive these back in January, gives you plenty of time to say your good byes, unless you are the winner again.

There is always something happening; please check out the calendar for future events, there is something every month for the family to enjoy. Please get in touch if you want to help out with anything. Until next month… Stay happy!

Samantha 

Chair Page November 2016

Hello Members,

This month I am afraid my report will be short and sweet, hopefully this will not be my last as the AGM approaches, I am looking to continue and run for another year. The AGM is being held on Wednesday 9th November at the Land Rover Social Club, 8PM. Please come to support the club and have your say about how the club is being run. If you are looking to fill a position on the committee please speak to myself or another committee member.

I know it is VERY late in the year now and the drivers briefing/2017 calendar meeting has not yet taken place, this is partly my own fault as there was not a date set earlier in the year, this will not happen again and will be planned for Sept 2017.. However, we have booked the function room at the Nevill Arms, B96 6NB for 8pm. I and a few others will be there slightly earlier to order food beforehand should anyone else care to join us, you are more than welcome, they have a good variety of choices on their menu and at competitive prices. The calendar of events for 2017 will be distributed on the website and in the journal before the end of November and will be sent out with Decembers journal, again I apologise for the lateness of this happening. Talking about 2017, I am not 100% sure if the Clee Hill Car Trial is taking place in January, I do hope it is as it can be a very exciting event, if they approach us to support them with the recovery, are you interested?... Watch this space in December’s issue!

Looking forward we have bonfire night which Kelly has arranged a social at the Rose and Crown, they will have a bonfire along with fireworks and a BBQ if you want to bring the family down it will be nice to see you and also the Christmas party is upon us. Please keep yourselves updated with the events for social and let Kelly know if you are bringing any children. For more details check out the social area.

The ALRC EGM is on taking place at the Motor Museum, Gaydon on the 12th November. Anyone is welcome to attend these if you are interested, I am unable to attend this meeting due to work so if anyone is able to attend to support the club by being there it would be good to catch up with you afterwards, let me know.

CCROC are holding their event at Whittington on the 20th November. Always good fun. Not forgetting Newmans, Dave has organised the Christmas meal and rally weekend around the trials to get people together. If you are interested in taking part of the rally at Cross Hands Camp site in Morton in Marsh please book in with Dave, the meal is booked for the 3rd December but you will need to let Dave know so he can reserve your spot.

If you are planning to come to any of these event towards the end of the year I am starting to round up the annual trophies from those who received them last March to get them ready for Prize Giving in April, I will be looking to receive these back in January, gives you plenty of time to say your good byes, unless you are the winner again, I am hoping to take back the ladies RTV trophy, though I cannot see it happening and I and too scared to even look!! Sad, yes I know. Looking to get out there next year as celebrating big time 50 years!!!

Plans for the 50th Dinner Dance are underway. You may have seen more information about this in various place. Do try and book as early as you can, especially if you are wanting to stop in the hotel as there are limited rooms reserved! More information will follow. Check out the advert in the journal and on the website. We would love as many people there as possible celebrating this special occasion. Please come and share your memories with everyone, I especially would love to hear some older stories from the early days.

There is always something happening; please check out the calendar for future events, there is something every month for the family to enjoy. Please get in touch if you want to help out with anything. Until next month (hopefully)… Stay happy!

Samantha

 

Chair Ladys Page October 2016