Wagtail Playday Report - Feb 2011
I can report the land owner made absolutely the right decision to cancel the event on Sunday 27th February 2011 due to poor ground and weather conditions. On arrival, as soon as I left the safety of tarmac I went straight into a slow-motion four wheel drift and only made it 100 yards into the site before coming to a nervous halt, just a few yards from a swollen river.
Intrepid explorers Brian & Steven East headed off for a mooch around and were back inside one minute, muttering something like.... "Oh my, oh my, there seems to be some kind of inconvenient obstacle over yonder! One would need some form of marine engineering solution to overcome such a monumentally challenging traverse!!!"
If you know Brian & Steve as I do, then you can almost hear Brian’s voice as you read the words.
Half a dozen "Nissan Ninjas" and "Toyota tear-aways" turned up determined to have a go. The land owner shrugged his shoulders, raised his hands to the sky and let them get on with it. Five minutes later they were all stuck..... and as far as I know they are still there!!!
On another (drier) day this will be a good site for Playdays, RTV trials or CCV trials.
Ah well, better luck next time eh?